Welcome to Friday Fragments! One of my most favoritest bloggers (and people) from Wisconsin came up with this bloggy gem! Head on over to Mrs. 4444's to get the low down on how Friday Fragments work and to link up your own fragments! :)
- I have a bit of an addiction to my new phone. It's one of the smart ones which means....I now play Angry Birds every chance I get!
- You probably heard me shouting with glee from my closet this week when a single digit sized pair of jeans fit (comfortably) for the first time in 3 years! With some room to spare...the last time I tried to wear them there was a significant amount of 'muffin top.' My weight loss has stalled a bit in the last month so you can imagine how happy I was when those jeans fit anyways!
- Pot holes on bridges make me really nervous! I'm sure the pot hole doesn't go all the way through the bridge, but I'm not getting out to look either!
- My great uncle died this week. How do you say, it was a blessing, without it sounding horrible?? There probably isn't a way...but I will tell you why it's a blessing. He was 93 years old, he lost the love of his life 12 years ago and has missed her terribly ever since, he didn't know who he was or who anyone else was and he has been in such angst for the last few months that I know that his time coming was also a blessing for him. On a brighter note, I'd bet money that his bride (known for soaking in a tub while putting on make-up and getting all dolled up for her groom) has been waiting a long time to see him. And typing out that sentence made me cry for the first time over his death. Gosh, she's going to be so happy to see him.
- I learned a new story from Mr. Ski's childhood that has kept me laughing all week, he was in the shower and I had come in to grab something hair related when he started singing "Oh we oh oh we ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh" when I laughed he asked if I knew what that was from...of course, I did! "It's what the Wicked Witch of the West's guards were singing in the Wizard of Oz," I replied (and quite possibly threw in a "Duh!" after wards)...as I'm sure you would have too...that little tune is hard to forget. It was then he told me that his step-dad tried for the better part of a day to convince them (Mr. Ski and his brother) that those guards weren't saying "Oreo Oreoooooooooooooooo!" Still laughing.
- I hope your weekend is happy and full of fun.