Wednesday, March 24, 2010
I got this fine little blog topic from Mrs. Fours who got it from Little Ms Blogger...and I thought it was my turn to rant and rave a bit!
Rant: Rubber-Neckers, I strongly dislike your behavior. You almost caused me to slam into you because you decided to brake for an accident on the other side of the road while in the fast lane. Were you that interested in the accident that you wanted to personally be involved in your own?! Keep driving...curiosity really does kill the cat.
Rave: Chicken Fresco from Ruby Tuesdays....deeeeeelicious! Being able to get a "to go" salad bar...even better!
Rant: Having to wait on others to successfully do my job really stinks.
Rave: Mr. Ski, thank you so much for the other night. You have no idea how much it meant to me to hear you say what you did. You continue to amaze me. Things may not always be perfect but it's moments like those that remind me of all the reasons I married you and why you are my best friend. I love you.
Rave: Warmer weather, although I despise being hot and sweaty I can't tell you how much I appreciate the warmer weather that's coming through TN!
Rant: Blow drying my hair. I know I shouldn't complain about having thick hair but when you dry your hair for a solid 20 minutes and portions are still wet it's just really frustrating.
Rave: We're going to our hometown for Easter. It will be wonderful to see family, play some frisbee golf and eat some Pal's. MMM...Pal's! Pal's is a fast food restaurant that is only available in East TN and man do they have the BEST food ever! For my waist line's sake I guess it's better that I can only eat it once or twice a year.
Thanks Little Ms. Blogger for this fantastic blog topic. I feel so cleansed now.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Cat at Young Old Crone tagged me in this fab meme and I'm excited about participating. I'm still trying to figure out how she knew I need this kind of motivation to get back on my blogging train. My conclusion: she's pretty darn awesome!
- If you could give the world one piece of advice, what would it be? Karma is the natural equalizer.
- If you could have a room full of any one thing, what would it be? Laughter...cheesy maybe but sometimes laughter really is the best medicine.
- What do you value most in other people? Honesty and Loyalty.
- If you could only see black and white except for one color, what color would it be? Pink. :)
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I wish I was less indecisive.
- If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass on to your children, what would it be? Empathy
- What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail? Parenthood.
- Would you rather teach a young child to read or have to learn again for yourself? Teach a child.
- What is the best advice you’ve ever given and received? I try to always give responsible/beneficial advice (not saying my advice is ALWAYS great), but I think what matters most is that the person receiving the advice knows that you support them no matter what decision they make. I have received a lot of great advice over the years but the one piece that sticks out came from my best friend in high school...he told me after a break up that there would be a time when I would want to go back to my ex but to never forget that the reasons we broke up would still be there the second time around.
- How would you like to die? Warm in my bed at an old age, preferably.