Ok, so there was this meme once that asked you to put your ipod on shuffle and write down the song name for each of the questions it asked you. I did that...it was funny. On my drive to work yesterday I started thinking about how lately my life can be described either with song titles or verses from songs. Here we go:
(1) "Not Ready to Make Nice" = How I feel about receiving a facebook message from my ex whom I have had no contact with for the last three years. Get a life dude, since I'm sure having a house built and financed by your parents for you and working in their business is a rough existence. Mooooove on!
(2) "Life is short, even in its longest days..." = How I feel about hearing that my dad's mom is suffering from lung cancer and a bone infection (originally they told her she had bone cancer but after testing they found it was only a bone infection, so that was a relief). I'm afraid that it doesn't look good....life is so short.
(3) "When you trust your television, what you get is what you got. When they own the information they can bend it all they want..." = What I'd like to scream in the face of this chick I went to high school with who thinks Fox News is reputable and accused me of "jumping on the anti-Fox News bandwagon". No, sweetie, I'm not jumping on bandwagons just because I have the capability of looking at things objectively and forming my own opinions. Note to self: If you didn't like them in high school chances are you won't like them now.
(4) "...and I wait for clarity to rain on me." = This is what I want...clarity. And lots of it!
(5) "I'm sorry about the attitude I need to give when I'm with you, but no one else would take this shit from me..." = Goes out as a big SORRY! to Mr. Ski! Sometimes, I must admit, I'm not the most positive, happiest or sweetest spouse. Especially in the morning which you'd think after 3 years he'd know this but regardless, I think a lot of the reason I'm willing to lose my "cool" with Mr. Ski is because I know that no matter what I say or do it won't change his feelings about me and he's still gonna love me even if I'm crabby. And that, dear friends, is comforting. Frankly, this could also ring true for my awesome parents and amazing sisters...no matter how bratty or bitchy I am they overlook it and love me unconditionally anyways.
(6) "Addicted" = to lemon creme cakes from that weight loss company that has meetings and that little orange monster on their commercials. Ohmygoodness they are the most delicious 80 calories I have ever consumed. Woohoo! I'm about to get stock in them because I have the hardest time finding them at the grocery.
I kind of like this post....maybe I'll start doing it once a month or so.
Um, big yay, that it didn't take me 35 days to post....only 24 days this time! :)
The following songs were referenced above:
(1) Dixie Chicks "Not Ready to Make Nice"
(2) John Mellencamp "Longest Days"
(3) John Mayer "Waiting on the World to Change"
(4) Andy Harper "Prologue #35"
(5) Matchbox 20 "Long Day"
(6) Kelly Clarkson "Addicted"